The Resource Room Statement of Faith
The Following Concepts are Taught, in an Age Appropriate Manner, Through the Lessons on The Resource Room:
1. The Bible is the inspired word of God and is without error. It is the final authority for Christian faith and practice.
2. There is only one God. He created the world and exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins. He arose from the dead and ascended into heaven and will return again to establish his eternal kingdom. He will judge the world, reward the saints, and rule for all eternity
4. We are created in God's image. But all of us are marred by sin and are separated from God and in need of salvation. Through personal repentance and faith in Jesus Christ we are forgiven our sins, reborn by the Holy Spirit, and restored into fellowship with God. Those who have been reborn in Christ will live with Him forever. (We can never earn our salvation through self-improvement or good works.)
5. The Holy Spirit persuades us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord. He lives in us, teaches us, equips us with spiritual gifts for effective ministry and empowers us to live, grow, and serve in obedience to God.
6. The Church is the living Body of Christ on earth and comprised of all true believers in Jesus Christ. He is the head and source of the Church's life, which exists to glorify God. The Church fulfills its mission by celebrating the glory and goodness of God, cultivating personal growth in Christ, caring about one another in biblical community and communicating the gospel in word and action to the world.