What you will need:
Two 9-inch Paper Plates
Two 6-inch Paper Plates
Card Stock (Heavy Paper)
Paint, Scissors, and Hole Punch
How to Make the Paper Plate Snapping Turtle Craft:
1. Print out the snapping turtle patterns, cut them out, and use them as templates to cut pieces from the paper plates. Turtle's Body Pattern (PDF Pattern), Turtle's Head Patterns (PDF Pattern), and Turtle's Legs, Tail, and Scales Pattern (PDF Pattern)
2. To make the body place two 9-inch paper plates together top-to-top and use the pattern to trace the pattern onto the plates. Cut them out.
3. Cut out the scales, legs, and tail patterns and glue them to the body paper plates.
4. Place the two 6-inch paper plates together top to top and use the turtle head patterns to cut out the head parts. Glue the parts together around the paper plate edge. Punch holes where indicated. Place the bottom mouth part inside the top mouth part matching up the holes.
5. Match up the turtle's body paper plates and punch a hole in the turtle's body where indicated. Place the head between the two paper plates matching up the holes. Attach the pieces with a brass fastener. Glue the body pieces together around the paper plate edge.
6. To finish paint the turtle, glue on googly eyes.
How to Print or Copy these instructions.
©2013, Digital by Design, Inc. -*See Copyright Information