Printing Patterns and Instructions
Use Internet Explorer! It is the best browser for printing. If you are using Safari or Firefox as your browser, switch to Internet Explorer to print the patterns and lessons.
| 1. Click on the link to the pattern so that it is the only thing on your screen. Then click on "File" at the top of the screen.
||2. Select Print Preview".
If you do not see “File” or "Edit" at the top of your screen, your menu bar is hidden. To make it show up right-click on a blank area of the tool bar at the top of the screen.
| A drop down menu will appear. Select the “Menu Bar”. A bar will show up that includes: File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, and Help. Return to Step 1.
|Then check to see if the whole image is showing. If it isn't, you can do several things:
|Change the page setup so that it doesn't print the date and page numbers (Header and Footer). Click the icon on the top of the page that looks like a rectangle with a line at the top and a line at the bottom.
|Set your top, bottom, left, and right margins to the smallest your printer will allow. There are arrows at the top, bottom, and sides of the picture move them all the way out so that more of the picture will show.
|Change the print size - You can pick a percentage or type one in yourself.
||When you can see the whole pattern, click on the printer icon to print the page. If you have a matching pattern, just make sure you print it the same size.
If this doesn’t work, you can try printing the picture from another program such as Microsoft Imaging found under accessories. Just right click on the pattern you want and click on “Save a copy”. Pick where you want to save it to and then open that file up in Imaging and print from Imaging, not your browser. If you want to copy and print the directions, you much highlight the material you want to print and then click on "File" at the top of the page, and under "File" click on "Print" and then "Print Selection".
How To Print from Microsoft Imaging
1. Right click with your mouse on the file you would like to print. And then click on "Save Picture As" or "Save A Copy" . Make sure you are saving it as a .jpeg or .gif and not a bitmap. Save it in a folder on your computer. Remember which drive you put it on and in which folder.
2. Open Microsoft Imaging. To do this click on your "Start" button at the bottom left hand corner of your screen. Click on "Programs" and then "Accessories" and find "Imaging" and click on it to open it.
3. In Microsoft Imaging click on "File" and then "Open". Find the drive and folder where your stored the pattern. Double click on the pattern to open it or click on the file to open it and then "Print".
If you click on a link that says, “File not Found” contact us
immediately and we will fix the problem.
If the image shows up and you can’t print it, check the following:
- Make sure your browser is up to date - Go to http://www.whatismybrowser.com/ to check your browser capabilities and ensure that you have downloaded the latest version of your browser.
- Make sure your printer driver is up to date.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies - First make sure any pages of Danielle’s Place of Crafts and Activities are not open. Open Internet Explorer and click on “Tools” at the top of the Page. Under “Tools” click on “Internet Options” then under “Browsing History” click on “Delete”. Select “Temporary Internet File” and “History” then click on “Delete” at the bottom of the pop up.
- Restart your computer.
- Try from a different browser. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are both compliant with the latest web standards.
- Disable any browser extensions one by one. An extension can sometimes cause unexpected conflicts.
- Temporarily disable any ad blocker software you have running.
- Connect your computer directly to the Internet instead of a wireless router.
- Try printing it from a different computer.
Printing Instructions and Lessons
from Danielle's Place and Members-Only Section
The crafts and activities on Danielle's Place are copyrighted. You may print out and copy the material for your personal use, for your class, or home school, but you cannot publish them in any form without permission (copy and place on another web site or blog, etc.) See the Copyright Notice for more details.
Printing Instructions - To print out the craft directions left-click and highlight what you would like to print. (See directions above to print out pattern pages.) Click on "File" at the top of your browser window. Then click on "Print", under "Page Range" select "Selection". This will print only the material that you have highlighted.
Copying Instructions - You may copy this material for your personal use. (Do not copy it and post it on another web site or blog.) To copy left-click and select what you would like to copy. Click on "Edit" at the top of your browser window and then "Copy".
If you do not see “File” or "Edit" at the top of your screen, your menu bar is hidden. To make it show up right-click on a blank area of the tool bar at the top of the screen. A drop down menu will appear. Select the “Menu Bar”. A bar will show up that includes: File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, and Help.
PrintFriendly.com is a great tool to use because you can delete pictures and other things you don't want on your printed page. (Please do not delete the copyright notices or the url (www.daniellesplace.com.)
Printing Password Proctected Lessons with PrintFriendly
To print out the lessons on The Resouce Room using Print Friendly just scroll down to the bottom of the lesson and find the green PrintFriendly button at the very bottom of the page. Click on the button and you will be taken to the PrintFriendly web site. You can delete parts of the lesson you do not want to print and change the size of the font if you would like.
If you are getting the message to login to Danielle's Place and not the lesson, you will have to start again. Close out your browser and restart it. Go to www.daniellesplace.com and click on "Enter The Resource Room". You should be asked to enter your user name and password. Go directly to the lesson and click on the Print Friendly button again. The lessons should pop up. If it still doesn't you will have to delete your cookies. Go to www.google.com or any other web site and click on "Tool", Internet Options", "Delete", Select "History" and "Cookies" and then try again.
Printing Instructions and Lessons on the Free Section
To use PrintFriendly go to www.printfriendly.com and add it to your favorites in your browser.
1. Then go to the page you want to print out on Danielle's Place and copy the url at the top of the screen. It will start with http://www.daniellesplace.com/. . . To copy it just right-click on the url and it will light up and a drop down will appear. Select copy.
2. Then click on "Favorites" at the top of your browser screen and pick the PrintFriendly link you just saved. This will take you to the PrintFriendly web site. Right-click in the box that says, "enter url here" and a drop down box will appear. Select "paste" and the url will appear in the box.
3. Then click on "Print Preview" and the page will show up on the PrintFriendly site.
4. If you want to print without pictures, check the box that says, "Remove Images" at the top of the page and all the images will disappear. If you would just like to delete certain pictures, click on the pictures separately and they will disappear.
5. Then move your mouse over anything you want to delete and click and it will disappear. Please do not remove the copyright notices or the url - www.daniellesplace.com
6. You can also select the size print you would like - small, medium, or large, etc., however this doesn't always work.
7. Click on the printer icon at the top of the page. You will get a pop-up screen with some advertisement and then your printer screen should pop up, click on print.
Saving Files to Microsoft Word Document
To Save a Pattern Page to Word Document
1. Right-click on the pattern you want to copy and select “Save Picture As”. Pick a place you want to save the picture to on your computer and remember where you saved it.
2. Open up Word and click in your document where you want the picture. You should see at the top of the page tabs that say: File, Home and then Insert. Then click on “Insert” at the top of the page.
3. Then select “Picture” In 2010 version you will see a icon of mountains and a sun with the word Picture underneath. Then find the file that you just saved and click on it and then the “Insert” button at the bottom of the drop down. The picture should show up in your document.
To Copy a Lesson into a Word Document - On The Resource Room Only
1. Select (highlight) the part of the lesson you would like to copy with the left-click and drag of the mouse and then right-click on the highlighted area and select "Copy" from the drop down menu.
2. Open your Word Doc. and click on the page where you want to copy it to, and then right-click and select "Paste".
(If you are not in a members-only section, you will have to highlight the text you would like to copy and then click on "Edit" at the top of the page and then "Copy".
Assembling Itty Bitty Books
1. Print out the patterns.
2. Cut around the book pages. Do not cut apart the cover and back page of the book, pages 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, etc.
3. Fold the cover page and all the other pages in half so that the print is showing. Stick pages 1 and 2 inside the cover page so that the folded edge of the pages is facing out. Do this for all of the pages, putting them in order as you go. The folded edge of the cover should be on the left and the folded edges of the other pages should be on the right when assembled.
4. Staple the pages together along the folded edge of the cover.