2. Color the giraffe and then cut it out.
Fold the giraffe in half from the tail end to head. With the giraffe still folded in half fold down the neck at both slanted lines both backward and forwards as shown in the picture.
3. Unfold the giraffe and fold up the neck as shown in the picture.
4. Press down on the middle fold and up on the slanted fold to fold up the neck as show in the picture.
5. Crease the knobbed horns along the sides so they stick out. Glue on the ears. Glue the top of the head together just above the eyes. Glue on the tail and spread out the legs so the giraffe stands up.
This cute little giraffe was made from wool roving (unspun wool) using a needle felting technique. Wool is wound into ball and tube shapes and then poked repeatedly with a felting needle to condense the wool and sculpt it into the desired shape.
What you will need:Foam Marshmallows, wooden dowel or yarn for the tail, fun foam, glue, magic markers, and paint.
How to make:
1. Glue two marshmallows together to form the body. Cut the corner off of one marshmallow to form the head and glue it to the body as shown in the diagram to the right.
2. Use the leg Pattern to cut four legs from fun foam. Fold Side A and B in together so they are overlapping each other about 1/4". Glue Side A to side B using a hot melt glue gun. Glue the legs to the body as shown. Use a pointy stick or large needle to poke holes in the marshmallows for the tail. Insert the dowel in the hole. (Printing Problems?)
3. Cut the ears from fun foam and glue to the head. Paint the hippo. Use a black marker to draw in the nose, eyes, and mouth.
1. Use a puzzle piece for the head and half a craft stick for the neck. Paint them with acrylic paints or color them with permanent markers. Use a permanent marker to draw in the details. If you use markers that aren't permanent markers draw on the side that doesn't have the shiny coating. The markers will stick better without rubbing off.
2. Glue googly eyes to the head when the paint is dry and then glue the head to the craft stick.