Sunday School Crafts Love
Crafts and Games About Love For Sunday School
Love Is . . . Folding Craft Stick Craft
What a fun way to learn 1 Corinthians 13:4-8! Children color the pattern, glue it to the craft sticks. The sticks are cut so that they fold up into a pile of sticks. Printable patterns are available to members and as an instant download.
What you will need:
Ribbon or Yarn
Cardstock Paper - 65 lb.
(These markers are designed for fabric, but they work great on paper. The flourescent colors are brighter than highlighter markers and the tips are much softer.)
How to Make the "Love Is", No-tape, Folding Craft Stick Cards:
1. Before class prepare the folding craft stick cards.
Print out the patterns, cut them out.
2. Line up seven mini jumbo crafts sticks, one on top of the other.
3. Spread glue on the back of a pattern and stick it to the middle of the craft sticks pressing down and out from the middle of the paper.
4. Turn the craft sticks over and glue the other pattern to the back.
5. Let the glue dry completely. This could take up to an hour. When the glue is completely dry use an Exacto knife or box cutter to cut the paper. On one side carefully cut the paper in the space between the first and second craft stick.
Do not cut all the way through to the paper on the other side. Skip the next space and cut the space between the third and fourth craft sticks. Skip the next space and the top paper between the fifth and sixth craft sticks.
6. Turn the card over and cut the paper in the space between the second and third craft sticks, the fourth and fifth, and the sixth and seventh.
7. Carefully fold up the craft sticks.
8. In class have your children decorate their folding cards.
Watch a Video on How to Make the No-tape, Folding Craft Stick Cards:
©2012 - 2017, Digital by Design, Inc. - See Copyright Information - Bloggers, if you use this craft idea or an adaptation, you must link back to this page for complete directions. If you use this technique, let us know and we will put a link to your blog.