The craft sticks are taped together so that when the craft sticks are pushed together from the top and bottom of the stack they fan fold up into a compact stack of sticks for storage. This craft is great to use as a memorization tool. Children can test themselves by unfolding one section at a time to reveal the next part of the verse.
What you will need:
Woodsies Mini Jumbo Craft Sticks -4.5" 50/Pkg - Use good quality craft sticks that lay flat. The 5/8" work perfect with the one-inch tape. *You can use the Woodsies Jumbo Craft Sticks with the 1.5 Inch - 3M Scotch Masking Tape for a bigger Canvas.
3M Scotch Masking Tape, 1-Inch - Other brands will work, but this tape works great! It is the exact color of the craft sticks. (Staple's Tape works better with the washable markers, but it is lighter than the stick and more transparent and doesn't cover the stick as well.)
Permanent Markers, crayons, or colored pencils - (The washable markers don't work well because the smear.)
How to Make the Folding Craft Stick Canvas:
1. Cut the one-inch masking into 4-inch pieces.
2. Place two sticks together, side by side, and tape them together covering both the sticks with the tape.
3. Turn the two sticks over so that they are diaganal to you.
4. Place another craft stick next to and below the two sticks that you taped together. Use another piece of tape to tape the bottom two sticks together.
5. Turn all three sticks over diagonally and place another stick at the bottom of the row and tape the last two sticks together. Keep going until you have a whole row of sticks.
Children can use permanment markers, pens, or colored pencils to write the Bible verse on the sticks and then decorate them. They can also draw a picture on the back of the sticks that represents the Bible verse or the Bible story.
If a child messes up while working on his canvas, you can pull off the tape where he messed up and replace it with new tape.
These folding craft stick canvases can also be used for other purposes. You can also be used to make greeting cards for Mother's Day, Father's Day or Birthdays.
How to Print or Copy these Instructions.
©2012, Digital by Design, Inc. - See Copyright Information -- Bloggers, if you use this craft idea or an adaptation, and link back to this page for the complete directions, let us know and we will put a link to your blog..