Pharisees Bible Crafts
Bible Crafts and Bible Games About the Pharisees
Pharisees Sunday School Crafts
Pharisee Cup Doll
Children make their own Pharisee Puppets out of paper cups to act out the Bible Story. All you need is yarn, paper cups, paper towels, paper, and markers.
Directions and Patterns for this Craft is Available to Members Only.
What you will need: 16 oz foam cups, paper, and glue.
How to make the Pharisee and thinking cup:
1. Before class print out the "What's in your Cup?" sayings onto colorful paper and the Word Patterns onto white paper and cut them apart. Patterns for this Craft is Available to Members Only.
2. In class have your children glue the "What's in your Cup?" saying to the rim of the glass and the words all over the rest of the cup.
3. Tell your children and parents that each night during the week they should talk about what was in their child's heart. Were they helpful, kind, obedient, etc.? The parents should write words describing their child's behavior on pieces of paper and place them in the cup each night. If a bad word goes into the cup, they should pray about it with their child and ask God to help them not do that the next day. If the child is successful, he can take the word out the next night.
"What's in Your Cup?" Puppet Craft
What you will need:
16 oz Foam Cups
What to do:
1. Before class make puppet hair by winding yarn around your four fingers about 25 times. Pull it off your fingers keeping the yarn in the same shape and tie the yarn together in the middle with another piece of yarn. Cut the looped ends to make a pompom.
2. In class have your children glue the pompom to the bottom of the cup for the hair, stick on eyes, and draw on a face.
3. Punch a small hole in the face for the nose. Children will stick their hands in the cup and put their pointer fingers through the hole for the nose.
4. Print out the "What's in your Cup?" sayings onto colorful paper and cut them out. In class have your children glue them to the rim of the glass. Patterns for this Craft is Available to Members Only.
5. As you work remind your children that Jesus compared the Pharisees to a cup that was dirty inside. Ask them to think of some bad things that Jesus doesn't want us to have in our hearts - greed, envy, lying, laziness, bad words, etc, and have them think of good things Jesus would want us to have in our hearts such as love, kindness, helpfulness, patience, etc.
©2007, Digital by Design, Inc. -* See Copyright Information
Pharisee Sunday School Activities
"What's in Your Cup?" Activity Sheet
Children decide which words should go inside the cup and which should stay out.
"What's in Your Cup?" Game
Before class print a bunch of words on pieces of paper and place them in a large cup. Use words that describe things we don't want in our hearts and things that we do. Have the children take turning trying to throw a ping-pong ball into the cup from a short distance away. If a child gets the ping-pong ball in the cup, he gets to pull out a word. Read the word for him and ask him if that is something Jesus would want us to have in our hearts. If it is he gets to keep the word. The child with the most words at the end of the game wins.
Find the Pharisee" Cup Game
-Before class find three glass or cups that are exactly alike. Made the inside of one cup dirty or write the words: greedy, hypocrite, liar, etc. on the inside of the cup. Make sure the words don't show through the cup. In class show your children the cups and remind them about how the Pharisees look good on the outside but they were evil on the inside. Tell them that the dirty cup represents the Pharisees. Place all the cup upside down on a table and tell your children to watch as you mix them up. Then pick a children to guess which cup is the Pharisee cup.
©2009, Digital by Design, Inc. -* See Copyright Information